Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Influences and brain storming my end of the year project

brain storming body suits for my end of the year project
I have at least five of the suits on to paper
Being a transplant to Hawaii and engulfing myself in the art scene, I realized that the youth here in Hawaii are influenced on what the outside world is doing instead of harnessing the influence and inspiration here on the island. The art tends to look like whats new on the streets or something that looks like it belongs on the west coast, or east coast.

What if we take the beauty of this island the tradition and heritage and construct something that is new tradition but totally Hawaii, lets harness this energy and create something new and fresh for the aina.

This project I'm doing will consist of the different elements here in Hawaii, stay tuned. Don't want to spoil it for yah.

picking up influence from all over Polynesia, Marquesas woman, fully tatted

1 comment:

philippe. said...

word i feel you on this mang. cant ait to see your project.