Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fast life slow death. My calling, spam musubi, poke and primo lager

Standing on top of the overpass overlooking Honolulu. Fast life slow death. I feel like I'm moving so fast everyday. We all share one thing in common. Death comes to all. The question is how am I living my life today. Make your days count. You never know what tomorrow will bring

I remember as a child my father coming home with plastic wrapped around his shoulder. I wanted to see what was under the plastic. It was my first view of my fathers first tattoo. It was a biker style portrait of my mother. Since going under the needle my Dad has collected world class tattoos from artist from around the world. I feel like tattooing is almost a calling for me, a family legacy to carry on. My two years of apprenticeship is almost done my eyes is one the prize. In Hawaii you only have two chances each year to pass the test, if you fail you have to wait six month before you take the next test.

The spam musubi is equivalent to the turkey sandwich in mainland America. This little homemade concoction of fried spam sushi rice and nori is a symphony to my soul.
My treat to myself after a long day at work.

Alohaz
Eukarezt

No comments: