Monday, May 25, 2009

audience of one

photo taken by mrjallday.com
ninja steezy in Japan 2008


Going though this week, I started to think about who am I trying to impress? Am I doing it for myself, for my peers, or just trying to show off?

When I create on my own strength, only something with a temporary value comes forth. It becomes unsatifying and a waste of time. I've done graffiti for almost 16 years and found that there's more important things I need to do with my time, like take care of my family. Not disrgarding the art, but being almost the ripe age of 30 you have to find other means of expression to survive.

Painting with my peers definetly pushes me and helps me to become a better artist, but what impact does that have on a bigger scale, when you are your own hometown hero.

Show boating is another thing thats comming up this week. Estrias battle is in a couple of days and well see at the end of the week how i'll do. I know that I'm not trying to impress man. But what if my only audience is the almighty Jah. How will I rise to the battle?. I know that my only audience is God.



contestants in New York 2009

1st place Doves FC, New York City


2nd Place: Aero LORDS, Hawaii/San Diego
3rd Place: Vogue One TDK, Oakland


rockin a burner with Sein AF 2006
battle time



Audience of one

No comments: