Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The worst day ever!

The day seemed to escalate with problems from the start until the very (bitter) end.

5:30a- Woke up to the rain crashing down on the wifey and my "just washed" clothes hanging on the line. Sometimes it's just good to have a dryer...you know?

6:00a- Read an email from an irate student.

7:00a- At the laundry mat re-drying everything.

8:00a- Go home, eat left overs from dinner the night before.

8:30a- Wrote in blog. Starting to feel a little bit better.

9:30a- Ride my bike to the tattoo shop. Almost all better.

10:00a- Notice that my bike tire is getting flat. What!?! I just changed it!

11:00a- Clean tubes.

11:30a- Boss talks to me about, ah man, a giant mistake. I did an outline for someone's tattoo and didnt' proof read it all the way. Big...big...BIGGGG mistake!

12:00p- By now, feeling really horrible, tired and hungry.

12:30p- Walked to Mcully bike shop to get a new tube for my bike.

1:30p- At the tattoo shop, in the back where it smells like sewage, trying to change my tire.

2:00p- Ate a (frozen) burrito for lunch.

2:30p- Helped out an artist get ready for their art show at Tattoolicious.

3:00p- On my way to my 2nd job on my bike, my boss for the 2nd job yells out the window: "Hurry up! Ha, ha..." so loud that I almost lose control and face plant.

3:30p- Change and get ready to serve at a restaurant.

4:00p- Start to serve tables and get instantaneously slammed with 8 tables.

6:30p- I get a guest complaint to the manager saying that I was slow and gave them bad service. Ah...kind of hard with 8 tables of more than 2 each?

7:oop-Punched in the wrong food.

7:30p- Punched in a wrong order.

8:00p- By now? Getting hungry.

8:30p- Ate half of a burger that was about three hours old.

9:00p- Got cut from my shift to do my side work and somebody else's side work. :-<

10:30p- Ride my bike home.

11:00p- Arrive at home wondering: what a day! Tried to process what I could possibly learn from all the craziness.

12:00a- Yeah, I'm still up. Remembered a friend that got murdered this same day11 years ago. I became thankful again, for life and learning how to slow down; not overwhelm myself with a lot of stuff on the "plate".

Clarity arrives within the storms of life
Eukarezt

3 comments:

G.Wings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G.Wings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G.Wings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.